tag: An Afropolitan in Minnie: Stripes and Florals

Monday, May 11, 2015

Stripes and Florals



Happy Monday beautiful people,

I hope you enjoyed your weekend. This past weekend went by so fast. It was quite action packed.  I went to a graduation reception and throughly enjoyed time spent with family. Oh, did I mention that the weather is perfect right now, it's not so hot, kinda cool not cold with some spring rain mixed in. Which makes it the perfect time for a breton striped shirt. I paired mine with a floral midi skirt for a print mismatch that just worked. I've had this skirt for quite some time but was never completely happy with it because it always fell so flat on the body. This time around I decided to wear my version of a crinoline(a short slightly poofy skirt) under the skirt for more fullness. I think I may have pulled it off.  A Midi skirt is such a great addition to any wardrobe since it's safe for work and can be worn different ways. As in, it offers that versatility that gets you more milleage out of your wardrobe.  Talk to you soon.  


Peace and Love,

Ifeoma 










Photo Credit: Liz Nieves


                                                                     OOTD:
Shirt: GAP old(similar herehere or here)
Skirt:old (similar here or here)
Necklace: Forever 21 old(similar here)
Shoes: SJP Collection (here)
Lips: MAC lipstick in heaux(similar here)
Nails: OPI in Live and Let Die(here)

6 comments:

  1. I'm absolutely in love with that skirt. Simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right! Thanks Shirley for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I LOVE striped shirts! and those green shoes! Hey you're right down the street from my/Kwaku's old neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. St. Anthony & Main? Striped shirts can be quite chic. You can wear worn to work with a skirt or very nice slacks. Thanks cousin for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE striped shirts! and those green shoes! Hey you're right down the street from my/Kwaku's old neighborhood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this look. Has an anthropology-esque look about it. You're such a beauty you can wear any style and look fabulous.
    -Angie

    ReplyDelete