tag: An Afropolitan in Minnie: Khaki Jumpsuit

Monday, June 22, 2015

Khaki Jumpsuit



Hi there beautiful people,

Welcome back and thank you for stopping by.  I promise you that there will be activity on here all summer. I promise, so keep on checking back for my outfit of the day(ootd) posts. Feel free to like my facebook page here, as I usually update once I post.


 A coverall is a great way to stand out from the rest of the pack. There is just something so utillitarian about wearing one. Possibly due to its origins since it was once reserved for janitors and handy men.

This jumpsuit was a thrifted piece from earlier on in the winter. The funny thing was weeks before I found this,  I ran into a similar look from Topshop in black which I decided to pass on. Months later, I was suprised to receive an e-mail from H&M featuring this twill jumpsuit here(sold out). A tip that may be helpful for you while thrifting particularly if you are a newbie is to make a note of any current style trends that you my be intrested in and let that serve as you're guide while searching through clothing at the thrift store.

The best thing about this suit is of course its versatility. It can be worn lots of different ways. Although, the jumpsuit can be dressed up with heels for a night out on the town, I decided to dress it down by wearing my beige BCBGMaxAzria gladatior flats. An amazing find that I get to keep in my closet for years to come.

Have a great Monday!!!

Peace and Love,

Ifeoma









                                                                        Images by Akil Photography
               




                                                                    OOTD:
Jumpsuit: Thrifted but these ones are cool too(herehereherehere,here or here)
Wood Bracelets: collected from all over
Enamel Bracelets: Sequin(similar here)
Bags: Vintage Coach crossbody(similar herehere or here)
Shoes: BCBGMaxAzria(similar here or here,  here or here)
Lipstick: MAC Candy Yum Yum (here or here)

No comments:

Post a Comment