tag: An Afropolitan in Minnie: Beauty: Winter Skin Care Tips

Friday, December 27, 2013

Beauty: Winter Skin Care Tips



The winters here in the Midwest can be quite harsh on the skin. During the winter months, I find    
myself looking for and experimenting with different products that will keep my skin well moisturized, hydrated and itch free.  A good rule of thumb during the winter months is to avoid soaps or cleansers that contain sulfates which strip your skin of oils and to immediately apply a moisturizer when you are just out of the shower while your skin is still a bit damp. This helps the skin retain some moisture.  I just discovered Hempz Treats Delicious Body Lotion in Strawberry Cheese Cake. This lotion actually works.  It smells so good, it is not too overpowering and the smell lingers all day. Plus, it is thick enough but does not have that greasy feeling after it is applied to the skin. I also feel that my skin absorbs it compared to a lot of lotions which just feel like they are sitting there and doing nothing. I hope these work out for you as well. 


Peace and Love,


Ifeoma



UPDATED 3/11/14: I have discontinued the use of Carol Daughters body cleansing Gel/Cream after it broke me out.  I do not recommend this product if you have sensitive skin. 



No comments:

Post a Comment